Friday 24 October 2008

I did a bad thing

I'm sorry to say that today I missed school. I do have a good excuse though - I'm on holiday!

Actually, it was because I was out until 5am last night. Not my fault though, honest. Most of the clubs don't open until 2am and we didn't sit down for dinner until 10.30pm. All very weird, but that's the Argentian way it seems, even on school nights they don't eat until 10/11 o'clock.

Still, it did mean I had some free time as I don't seem to have actually seen that much of Buenos Aires as I'm always in class or doing homework. I'm supposed to be bumming around dammit!

I went down to the Casa Rosada (Evita's house) to meet a nice Aussie (I know, not two words you often see next to each other) girl from my school to have some lunch, and bumped into this guy who 'd just parked up by the side of the road to have a chat with the locals.

Tonight it's one of my class mate's birthday so I'm off up there for drinks before going to a club (drinks are at 10 as the club opens at 1).

I'm beginning to get the beginnings of a plan in my head about what to do when I finish my classes on 31st. I think I'll pop over to Uruguay on the ferry, as you do, to have a look at Montevideo and Punta del Este, before heading down to Tierra del Fuego. On a bus. Only 28 hours. Woo hoo. But will let you know.